Senior UX/UI Designer
As a hybrid designer, working across UX and UI (though prefer UX), you strive to create products and sites that people will love to use.
You’ll have ownership of your projects and tasks, working alongside two other designers (the Design Lead and a UI focussed designer) and a team of in-house developers, PMs and friendly clients to bring products, apps and sites to life.
You will be fully involved in the end-to-end process design, including running workshops, research & discovery, concept development, defining user flows, building wireframes, crafting user interfaces, creative direction, and assisting the lead strategically.
You should love simple, elegant solutions, and thrive in an environment where the norm is challenged, not accepted.
You should have an understanding of the rapidly evolving world of development technologies, as ultimately code is central to everything that is possible online. You’ll be intrigued by this, and always strive to understand the possibilities new advances open up.
We are NEVERBLAND – a small independent digital studio. We design and build digital products for start-ups, agencies, and corporates. We’ve done amazing things for esports, fintech, edtech, eventech, and real estate to name a few. We strive to work on projects that bring meaningful change to the world, which will affect the clients and their users’ lives for the better.
Our London office has two Designers. We need a third.
- You must be able to show your creative portfolio
- 4+ years professional experience
- Commercial experience working with an internal team and directly with clients to understand the client vision, explore and communicate ideas and collaboratively solve design problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including facilitating workshops, and conducting user research & testing
- Excellent understanding of designing for the web, mobile and other connected devices (i.e. responsive and mobile-first design)
- Creative ability to produce mood boards, user flows, wireframes and sitemaps
- Expert in Sketch
- Experienced with Illustrator and prototyping tools, such as InVision
- Ability to work within brand and design guidelines, whilst also considering unique interpretation
- An understanding of what is possible with HTML, CSS and JS frameworks
- Strong interpersonal skills. Resourceful, reliable and helpful to others in the design and dev team, as well as our clients
- Experience providing guidance and mentorship (we often have interns)
- Bonus points for motion design
- Ability to actively contribute to our team culture.
You’ll get to work in our East London studio with a great team and plenty of scope to take ownership of the work you produce.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- 22 days holiday (plus the days between Christmas and New Year)
- Wfh days and flexible hours
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Build exciting websites, apps, and products, that people will use and love
- Learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products
- Killer setup - we’ll provide you with the tools you need to get the job done
- Free lunches, fruit, and beer in the fridge
- Monthly team socials
- We’ll buy you a birthday cake.