Creative Front End Developer
NEVERBLAND. We come here every day to be part of a company with purpose, that creates actual, meaningful, outstanding technology for people and brands who dream big. We are the vector for those dreams. We make them reality. It’s bananas.
Do rewarding work, challenge yourself and be challenged, share food and jokes with people you’ll like and respect.
Our London office has 4 super talented Frontend Engineers and Developers. We need a fifth.
As part of our Frontend team your days will be filled developing engaging, interactive products that people will love. You’ll have an eye for the finest details, know your JS, and be as happy diving into well-documented code as you are developing your own.
You’ll be well versed in available Frontend frameworks and technologies, but able to make calculated decisions about what to use based on the project at hand. You get excited by new architecture techniques and love the idea of developing functional, data-rich web applications with dynamic, reactive interfaces. Knowing tech like you do, you’re excited by the future of the web and what possibilities lie ahead with advances in technologies like React, Apollo, and Node.
You’ll also relish working as part of a team— supporting the studio and managing relationships with your colleagues and clients.
- You are an expert with React, with solid commercial experience
- 2+ years experience in a team developing functional, data-rich web applications with dynamic interfaces
- You have a keen eye for great design, paying attention to detail about how the design looks implemented on all your screens, with the use of silky smooth interactions, transitions, and animation
- Strong experience with CSS (and preprocessors like Sass or PostCSS), and you’re excited for the very near future of CSS Grid and styled components
- Experience with tools like Webpack and Babel
- Interest and knowledge in ES6+
- Clear understanding of how the DOM works in regards to rendering and performance
- Experience with Git & GitFlow tools
- Experience in working with designers and design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical matters simply and clearly to non-technical colleagues
- Capability to grok business needs, prioritise, and propose suitable technical or process solutions
- Strategic thinking: the ability to evaluate options in the short, medium, and long-term, balancing short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and iterate often to produce high-quality code
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with writing clear unit tests
- Experience with agile development methodology, and working with cross functional teams
- Interest for backend technologies and DevOps
- 22 days holiday
- Work from home days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awesome team
- Build exciting websites, apps, and products, that people will use and love and learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products
- Killer setup - a MBP and monitor
- Free lunches, fruit, snacks, Hummingbird Bakery birthday cakes, monthly team socials and some mad parties.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.