As part of our growing engineering team, your days will be filled writing engaging, interactive products and websites that people will love. You should have an eye for the finest details, and be as happy diving into well-documented code as you are writing your own.
You should be well versed in the available front- and back-end frameworks and technologies, and able to make calculated decisions about what to use based on the project at hand. You should get excited about all the new architectures and techniques, and love the idea of developing highly functional, data-rich web applications with clean and focussed UI.
Knowing tech like you do, you’re excited by the future of the web and what lies ahead with advances in technologies like React, Apollo, and Node.
We are NEVERBLAND – a small independent digital studio. We design and build digital products for start-ups, agencies, and corporates. We’ve done amazing things for esports, fintech, edtech, eventech, and real estate to name a few. We strive to work on projects that bring meaningful change to the world, which will affect the clients and their users’ lives for the better.
Our London office has 6 super talented developers.
We need a seventh and eighth!
- You know React well, with solid commercial experience
- You have some experience building functional & data-rich web apps
- You have a keen eye for great design – some would say perfectionist
- You have deep experience with CSS, Grid, and Styled Components, and know how to use preprocessors like Sass and PostCSS
- You have some experience using tools like Webpack and Babel
- You must love Git – with all your heart
- You must enjoy working with designers and design tools
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- You should have a clear understanding of how the DOM works in regards to rendering and performance
- You should have good written and spoken communication skills
- You should be able to understand directional briefs, and business requirements
- You should be able to think strategically. The ability to evaluate options in the short, medium, and long-term, balancing short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements is part of the day to day
- You should be able to work efficiently, and iterate often without letting code quality deteriorate
- Ability to actively contribute to our team culture.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with writing clear unit tests
- Experience with the agile process, and working with cross functional teams
- Experience with DevOps and CI
- Interest in side projects, OSS, and meetups (we run a monthly developer focussed one).
You’ll get to work in our East London studio with a great team and plenty of scope to take ownership of the work you produce.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday, not including the days between Christmas and New Year
- Work from home days, and flexible hours
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Build exciting apps, products, and websites that people will use and love
- Learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products
- Work closely with clients and help them bring their ideas to life
- Killer setup - we’ll provide you with the tools you need to get the job done
- Free lunches, fruit, and beer in the fridge
- Monthly team socials
- We’ll buy you a birthday cake.