Senior Frontend Engineer
BEST JOB EVER! APPLY NOW!
Just kidding. But, seriously… job ads, hey? Someone has to come up with a more exciting format for these things.
TL;DR. Working here is really good.
NEVERBLAND. We come here every day to be part of a company with purpose, that creates actual, meaningful, outstanding technology for people and brands who dream big. We are the vector for those dreams. We make them reality. It’s bananas.
Come in, do rewarding work, challenge yourself and be challenged, share food and jokes with people you’ll like and respect.
Our London office has 4 super talented Frontend Engineers and Developers. We need a fifth.
As part of our Frontend team your days will be filled developing engaging, interactive products that people will love. You’ll have an eye for the finest details, know your JS, and be as happy diving into well-documented code as you are developing your own.
You’ll be well versed in available Frontend frameworks and technologies, but able to make calculated decisions about what to use based on the project at hand. You get excited by new architecture techniques and love the idea of developing highly functional, data-rich single page web applications with dynamic, JS-driven interfaces. Knowing tech like you do, you’re excited by the future of the web and what possibilities lie ahead with advances in technologies like React, Redux and Node.
You’ll also relish working as part of a team— supporting the studio and simultaneously managing relationships with your colleagues and clients.
- You have 2-4 years commercial experience as a Frontend Engineer/Developer and are hungry for more
- You could have 3-5 years commercial experience and want to help us push our Frontend team further
- Experience building single page applications using technologies like React, Angular or other frameworks
- Experience working in a team developing highly functional, data-rich web applications with dynamic, JS-driven interfaces
- Strong experience with CSS (and preprocessors like Sass or PostCSS), RWD, HTML
- Experience with tools like Webpack and Babel
- Interest and knowledge in ES6+
- Clear understanding of how the DOM works in regards to rendering and performance
- Experience with Git & GitFlow tools
- Strong product design and UX love
- Experience in working with designers and design tools (Photoshop, Sketch)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical matters simply and clearly to non-technical colleagues
- Capability to rapidly understand and accurately assess business needs and prioritise and propose suitable technical or process solutions
- Strategic thinking: the ability to evaluate options in the short, medium and long-term and balance short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and iterate often to produce high-quality code
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience in code testing is a plus (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, ...)
- Experience with agile development methodology and working with cross functional teams
- Interest for backend technologies (Node) or DevOps
- Interest in functional programming
- 22 days holiday
- Wfh days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awesome team
- Build exciting websites, apps, and products, that people will use and love and learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products
- Killer setup - a mac and dual monitor
- A fridge packed with food, Hummingbird Bakery birthday cakes, monthly treats, beer, many lols and some crazy parties.
**NO RECRUITERS, THANKS**