Senior UI/UX Designer
For some of our roles we expect people to take a punt and punch a little above their weight when they apply. This isn’t one of them. Shout out to all the opportunists, but this one isn’t for you.
If you’re really f*cking good, then you know you’re really f*cking good and we know you’re really f*cking good because your portfolio reflects that. You will have looked at our site and understand WHY we do what we do, what, and for whom, and that’ll be apparent in your response, so let’s skrrt skrrt round the dirge and get to it.
We live to make outstanding products for visionaries. Occasionally for non-visionaries, because business necessitates. But that tension between attitude and commercial reality is a good metaphor for the studio, because it characterises our philosophy, ambitions and team. It’ll make sense to you too because you’ll be leading it.
At NEVERBLAND we champion a culture that owns the why, thinks fast & ships smart. We understand how great design and UX, underpinned by forward thinking tech, delivers exceptional products.
- 4+ years experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent visual and user focused design skills
- Excellent understanding of designing for the web, mobile and other connected devices (i.e. responsive and mobile-first design)
- Creation of workflows, wireframes, sitemaps, content audits, storyboards, and journey maps of all of your UX design work
- Expert in the use of in Sketch (Bonus points for motion design)
- Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and prototyping tools such as Marvel/InVision, principle, Framer etc.
- Ability to work within brand and design guidelines, whilst also considering unique interpretation
- An understanding of what is possible with HTML, CSS and .JS frameworks
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills - being resourceful, reliable and helpful to others in the design and dev team, as well as our clients and our users
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - including presenting design work to clients, partners and colleagues - from junior to c-level
- Direct client interaction experience with the ability to understand client vision and present designs and concepts
- Experience providing guidance and mentorship to design team members
- 22 days holiday
- Wfh days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awesome team
- Build exciting websites, apps, and products, that people will use and love and learn first-hand about how to start, grow and market new startups and products
- Free lunches, Hummingbird Bakery birthday cakes, monthly treats, Friday beers and some crazy parties.